Senior Director, Mitigation
Thad is a Senior Director on the Mitigation team and is currently supporting our work with New York State.
Thad was previously employed with us under Adjusters International as a Public Assistance project manager on our New Orleans, Rockland County, and Hurricane Sandy efforts. He has since served as a post-disaster recovery and mitigation program manager at a major emergency management firm and as Assistant Director for Mitigation and Recovery with the State of Massachusetts.
Key accomplishments from his most recent work include leading the team that developed over $1.2 Billion in FEMA HMGP (Hazard Mitigation Grant Program) projects for New York State, spearheading the Governor’s COVID-19 recovery planning and implementation project infor the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, managing the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) buyout in Galveston County, and running various recovery programs in support of Boulder County, Colorado the State of Vermont.
Thad is also a former United States Marine and holds Project Management Professional (PMP), NYS Building Code Enforcement, and OSHA Safety Manager Certifications.
- B.A., Pre-Law
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- NYS Building Code Enforcement Certification
- OSHA Safety Manager Certification
- IS-634 Intro to the PA Process
- IS-634 Intro to the PA Process
- IS-632 PA Debris Ops
- IS-276 BCA Fundamentals
- IS-30 Mitigation eGrants System
- IS-230 Principles of Emergency Management
- IS-253 Coordinating EHP Compliance
- IS-279 Retrofitting Flood Hazard Structures
- IS-393 Introduction to Hazard Mitigation
- IS-00700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- IS-00800.b National Response Framework
- IS-00100.b Incident Command System (ICS)
- IS-00200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incident
- IS-00703.a NIMS Resource Management
- IS-00120.a Intro to Exercises
- IS-00235.c Emergency Planning
- IS-00240.b Leadership and Influence
- IS-00241.b Decision Making and Problem Solving
- IS-00242.b Effective Communication
- IS-00244.b Developing and Managing Volunteers
- IS-00775 EOC Operations
- AWR-357 Community Economic Recovery
- E0208 State Coordinating Officer
- E705 Fundamentals of Grants Management
Related insights and news
Transforming Our Image, Transforming Communities
We are excited to announce that today, Tidal Basin launched its new brand identity and website! “We are at a…
Tidal Basin Unveils New Brand Identity and Website
Tidal Basin, a leading comprehensive emergency management and consulting firm, launched its new brand, including a redesigned logo and website….
Snowstorm Sets Sites for Plains and Northeast
A snowstorm system is currently forming in the southern region of the country and is forecasted to move into the…
Andrew Yonce Joins Tidal Basin as Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Andrew Yonce joins the Rising Phoenix Holdings Corporation (RPHC) family as Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Rising Phoenix…
International Day of Persons With Disabilities Observed Globally on December 3
International Day of Persons with Disabilities is celebrated worldwide on December 3 and centers around promoting the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities and raising awareness of the situation of persons with disabilities in all aspects of political, social, economic, and cultural life.