William “Bill” Slater has extensive experience as a disaster professional and emergency response volunteer. Bill started his emergency management career in response serving as both a police officer and firefighter. Bill spent over 20 years in law enforcement and supervisory roles, including serving as an emergency management supervisor and station commander. He served at the “ground zero” New York City Mayor’s command post following the September 11, 2001, World Trade Center Terrorist attack in support of rescue and recovery efforts. Later, Bill was selected by the New York State Office of Emergency Management as a member of the initial cadre of New York State’s Type II All-Hazards Incident Management Team and served on FEMA Region II’s IMT.
In 2012, when Bill made the transition to the recovery field, and leveraged his experience to guide various clients through the recovery process. Bill worked as a project management lead for New York, Hawaii, and Alaska and for numerous local municipalities. His experience in both response and recovery has proven to be an asset to his clients.
- M.A., Emergency and Disaster Management, American Military University (AMU)
- B.A., Communications & Public Relations, Ithaca College
Oversight and management of the Recovery Business Unit.
- Hurricane Irma
- Hawaii DR-4365, DR-4282, Severe flooding & mudslides
- Alaska State Card Street and Sockeye Wildfires
- Hawaii 4201-DR-HI, Pu’u O’o Eruption
- Hawaii 4194-DR-HI, Tropical Storm Iselle
- New York State 4085-DR-NY, Hurricane Sandy
- New York State Incident Management Assistance & New York State FEMA Region II All-Hazards IMAT Teams
- New York State 4020-DR-NY, Hurricane Irene
- Thomas, Virgin Islands, Tropical Storm Emily
- New York State 1993-EM-NY, Severe Spring Storms and Flooding
- Houma, Louisiana 1786-DR-LA, Hurricane Gustav
- Jackson County, Mississippi 1602-DR-LA, Hurricane Katrina
- Santa Rosa County, Florida 1551-DR-FL, Hurricane Ivan
- Columbia County, Florida 1539-DR-FL, Hurricane Charley & 1545-DR-FL, Hurricane Francis
- New York, New York 1491-DR-NY
- Certified ICS Instructor
- Certificated DHS Instructor
Related insights and news
Transforming Our Image, Transforming Communities
We are excited to announce that today, Tidal Basin launched its new brand identity and website! “We are at a…
Tidal Basin Unveils New Brand Identity and Website
Tidal Basin, a leading comprehensive emergency management and consulting firm, launched its new brand, including a redesigned logo and website….
Bracing for the Worst: Tips for Coping with Power Outages and Extreme Cold Weather
Hundreds of thousands remain without power in Texas amid frigid temperatures and icy roads, and the Northeast is bracing for a…
Snowstorm Sets Sites for Plains and Northeast
A snowstorm system is currently forming in the southern region of the country and is forecasted to move into the…
Andrew Yonce Joins Tidal Basin as Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Andrew Yonce joins the Rising Phoenix Holdings Corporation (RPHC) family as Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Rising Phoenix…