Last Updated: April 25, 2017
Types of Information We Gather
AI collects personal identifiable information (“Personal Information”) from you under the following circumstances:
- When you sign up to receive e-mail newsletters from us
- When you request for additional information, customer service or other assistance
- When you participate in special events
- When you participate in surveys, panels, or market research
- In conjunction with your employment inquiries or applications
- When you participate on social media accounts involving AI properties
- When you participate in communities, chat rooms, and other interactive services
- Any other place on the Website where you knowingly volunteer personal information
In addition, when you interact with the Website, our servers may keep an activity log that does not identify you individually (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- We may collect certain demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information
- We collect and store certain device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- We automatically log certain usage information about your use of the Website. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you a more customized experience on the Website.
- We collect and store additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
- We collect and store your search terms and search results when using the search function on the Website.
We also collect and store certain other information regarding our users’ use of the Website so that third parties may provide us reports and analysis regarding usage and browsing patterns of the Website.
How We Use Information We Gather About You
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Websites. We use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- For editorial purposes
- Respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies
- Personalize content and experiences on our Website, including providing you recommendations based on your preferences
- Send you newsletters and information about special events by e-mail or other another medium
- Process your employment application
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Research and development
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Websites and their usage patterns
- Manage our business
How We Share Your Information
Except as disclosed below, we don’t sell, barter, give away, rent or permit anyone outside of Tidal Basin to use or access your Personal Information.
We occasionally use third-party agents, affiliates and partners to perform functions such as marketing, analytics, providing requested services, providing customer service, etc., on our behalf. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of any personal information collected from the Website. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Website.
We may also use or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents or the users of the Website or the public.
We will use or disclose the Non-Personal Information as we determine in our sole discretion.
Cookies and IP Addresses
We use “Cookies” in order to personalize your visit to our website and enhance the experience by gaining a better understanding of your particular interests and customizing our pages for you. A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server which is then stored by the web browser in a text file on your computer. Each time the browser requests a page from the server this message is sent back which enables the user to be identified. We also collect your IP address when you visit the site to better understand how to serve our clients.
We may use the information provided by cookies and IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, or for research and marketing purposes to help us better serve our clients. No information which personally identifies you will be collected through the cookies. You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie so you have the chance to accept it and can set your browser to turn off cookies. No personally identifying information from you will be collected as part of these cookies.
TB protects your personal information with several security measures. In addition to normal precautions such as physical security and firewalls, we have strict internal security policies that govern the use of data collected on this Website. Nevertheless, please understand that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Children Under 13
This Website is not targeted to children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use this Website.
Published in the United States
Information Sharing and Disclosure to New Owners
Privacy Questions and Complaints
If you have any questions regarding this policy, if you would like to opt-out of receiving e-mail messages and newsletters from TB or if you believe that TB has erroneous or incomplete information about you, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of TB who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.