Daniel Craig is the Chief Executive Officer at Rising Phoenix Holding Company, parent company of Tidal Basin and Rising Phoenix Enterprise Solutions. He has extensive experience in the disaster consulting and post-disaster recovery industries. Prior to joining the Rising Phoenix team, Dan served as the President and CEO of Tidal Basin Group a company he founded in 2006. He worked with state and local governments and not-for-profits, helping them meet their recovery needs by providing experienced disaster recovery staff and proven grant management processes.
In his time with Tidal Basin, Dan had advised the White House and more than a dozen governors and State administrations on disaster recovery, housing, and long-term economic recovery strategies. He has spoken at multiple universities, conferences, television, and government leadership gatherings on how to manage disasters while speeding community and economic recovery.
Dan also served as Associate Administrator for the Recovery Division for the Federal Emergency Management Agency, part of the United States Department of Homeland Security. He was appointed by President Bush in 2003 and was responsible for overseeing the Federal Government’s recovery efforts on all presidentially declared events including the Space Shuttle Columbia crash, the wildfires of 2003, and the hurricanes of 2004 and 2005.
Before becoming the Associate Administrator for the Recovery Division at FEMA, Dan was the Regional Administrator for the New England area (Region I), where he was responsible for all FEMA mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery, and training activities in the six New England state region. He was also Executive Director of the Eastern Regional Office at the United States Chamber of Commerce and a Legislative Representative and Grassroots Specialist for the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association. There he handled issues of federal emergencies, transportation, technology, privacy, and energy.
Dan has been featured as an expert panelist on Adjusters International’s Property Insurance Roundtable podcast in the episode titled, “Disaster Recovery Planning.”
- MBA, Central European University, Budapest, Hungary
- MBA, Purdue University
- B.A., Political Science, Purdue University
- Puerto Rico Department of Housing, STEP Program, Principal in Charge
- FEMA Housing Inspection Services Contract, Project Director
- New York University Langone Medical Center, Post Sandy Recovery, Principal in Charge
- North Shore LIJ System – Staten Island University Hospital and Southside Hospital, Program Manager
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Program Manager
- Present – Chairman of the Board, Disaster Recovery Contractors Association, Inc.
- Past – Board Member, Board of Directors, Beck Disaster Recovery, Inc.
- Past – Governor Representative, National Board of Governors, American Red Cross
- Past – Board Member, Charter Oak Chapter of Board Directors, American Red Cross
- Past – Board Member, Board of Directors, Greater Boston Federal Executive Board
- Past – Chairman, Homeland Security Committee
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute Independent Study Courses
Related insights and news
Nationwide Emergency Alert Test Set for October 4 – Here’s What You Need to Know
Understanding the Emergency Alert System (EAS): An Overview The Emergency Alert System (EAS) serves as a lifeline, providing critical emergency…
Tidal Basin Cares Proudly Sponsored and Participated in the Pets 4 Life 1 & 5K Walk/Run Event
On Saturday, September 30th, Tidal Basin team members, Heather Stickler, Cynthia Gutierrez-White, and Melissa Gordon, along with their spouses, children, and…
Tidal Basin Cares Helps NEMA Reach Fundraising Milestone for St. Jude Children’s Hospital
It’s often collaborations and collective efforts that make the most significant impact toward creating change and supporting philanthropic endeavors. Tidal…