Amy K. Baker, PE, PMP, CFM
Executive Vice President, Government Consulting
Amy is the Executive Vice President of Tidal Basin Government Consulting which delivers our preparedness; response; recovery; mitigation; and housing, community develop and infrastructure services. Prior to assuming this role, she established and managed the TB Project Management Office, which provides project management support to operational and functional teams throughout the company.
As a program management professional, Amy brings more than 24 years of experience in engineering design and consultation. In addition to her program and project management skillsets, she has deep expertise in technical assistance delivery, grants management, planning, and environmental design.
Prior to joining Tidal Basin, she served as Associate Vice President and a regional market sector lead for federal work in the water business unit of a global Fortune 500 engineering firm. While there, she managed projects, business development efforts, and daily operations with clients such as FEMA, DHS, NOAA, USCG, NIST, and DOI in support of a $750+ million portfolio of contracts. She has served as a manager in hazard mitigation program assistance, community resilience projects, and capture and a subject matter expert in recovery, resilience, and funding strategies.
Highlights of her experiences include Senior Division Manager, Project Manager and Emergency Planning Analyst, and Engineer and Planner at other major engineering firms.
Amy holds a Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSE) in Civil Engineering from Tulane University. She is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in Louisiana, Texas, and South Carolina; a certified Project Management Professional (PMP); and a Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM).
- Leads the strategy and execution of our Government Consulting Division, consisting of Post Disaster Consulting; Preparedness, Resiliency and Emergency Management (PREM) Consulting; and Housing Community Development and Infrastructure (HCDI) consulting services. She provides strategy, leadership, and oversight to our internal Project Management Office (PMO) and Resource Management teams.
Numerous onsite disaster recovery efforts starting in 2004, including but not limited to:
- Hurricane Ian – Housing Support Programs
- Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Maria – Housing Support Programs (FEMA HIS, STEP, HUD)
- Hurricane Ida – Floodplain Management, Housing Recovery
- 2016 & 2017 Texas Flooding – Floodplain Management, Housing Recovery
- Hurricane Sandy, New Jersey RREM Program (HUD Funded)
- Hurricanes Katrina & Rita, Gulf Coast Recovery Office
- CA Wildfires & Mudslides, Public Assistance
- 2004 FL Hurricane Season (Charlie, Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne) – Housing recovery
- Professional Engineer, State of Louisiana
- Professional Engineer, State of South Carolina
- Professional Engineer, State of Texas
- Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI®
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
Related insights and news
The Fifth National Climate Assessment on U.S. Climate Change
The White House released the Fifth National Climate Assessment and warned that even though planet-warming pollution in the U.S. is slowly decreasing,…
Honoring Service and Sacrifice: A Tribute to Our Veterans
On this Veteran’s Day, let’s take a moment to recognize and honor all the brave people who have served our…
Harnessing Cyber Training to Bolster Cybersecurity Awareness
Navigating the Digital Age’s Security Challenges In today’s fast-paced digital age, cyber threats are growing more sophisticated, with hackers constantly…