Tom Lewis serves as the President and Chief Operating Officer of Tidal Basin Group. He has over 30 years of experience as a business leader and operator with demonstrated expertise in various sectors. This includes federal, state, and local government work in infrastructure engineering, emergency and disaster management, environmental services, and renewable energy. He is widely acknowledged as an esteemed national and international authority in sustainability, resilience, and climate mitigation and adaptation, and served as the lead author of a book published in 2023 addressing this broad, timely topic area with his prior organization.
Over the past decade, Tom has been highly involved in founding and expanding US-based businesses focused on governmental infrastructure programs, emergency management, and climate action. More specifically, he held several executive-level leadership positions, most recently serving as the president of a large infrastructure engineering company specializing in environmental and emergency management services, as the president and founder of a federal program, emergency, and logistics management entity within one of the world’s largest infrastructure and environmental firms, and also as founder and leader of a national business line specializing in climate, resilience, and sustainability (CRS) services in that same firm. In each case, the operations led by Tom had multi-double-digit compound annual growth rates with profitability among the best in the firm.
Active in communities and the industry, Tom also serves regionally, nationally, and globally with various non-profits and other organizational boards, advisory boards, industry associations, and associated committees, including but not limited to the Disaster Recovery Coalition of America (DRCA), International Coalition for Sustainable Infrastructure (ICSI), and Resilience First (RF). In 2023, Tom was elevated to the organizational board for Resilience Rising, the parent organization to ICSI and RF, and was also added as the Climate Adaptation Center’s newest board member based in Sarasota, FL.
He holds a BSCE and MSCE from the University of Connecticut School of Civil Engineering and a Doctor of Jurisprudence (JD) from Rutgers Law School in New Jersey. Tom is a licensed professional engineer (PE) and has also passed the bar in multiple states.
- JD, Contracts & Environmental Law/Regulation, Rutgers Law School
- MSCE, Engineering, University of Connecticut
- BSCE, Engineering, University of Connecticut
- Board Member and Co-Founder, LE4 Foundation/USA
- Director, Climate Adaptation Center, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Resilience Rising
- Board Member, Disaster Recovery Coalition of America (DRCA)
- Board Member, Riverkeeper
- Board Member, Berger Charitable Foundation
- Past Board Member and Co-Founder, International Coalition for Sustainable Infrastructure
- Past Advisory Board of Consortium Member, Resilience First
- Past Board Member, WSP USA Holdings
- Past Board Member, Louis Berger Holdings
- Past Board Member, Louis Berger Group Inc.
- Past Board Member, Sustainable Infrastructure Advisory Board with the Zofnass Program at Harvard University
- Past Advisory Board Member, Essex County College – School of Engineering
- Past Board Member, Advanced Energy NJ
- Past Founding AMS20 Committee Member, National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine’s Transportation Research Board
Related insights and news
Kevin Sligh: A Pillar of Leadership and Vision in Emergency Management
In recognition of Black History Month, we spotlight Kevin Sligh Sr., MBA, CEM, whose contributions to offshore energy safety and…
Empowering Change with Zoho Solutions: An Interview with Melissa Gordon of Tidal Basin
In an insightful conversation, Thomas Wieberneit, host of YouTube’s podcast series called #CRMKonvos, interviewed Melissa Gordon, Tidal Basin’s Executive Vice President…
A Fresh Look at Mitigation Planning in Disaster Recovery Today
Welcome to the latest edition of Disaster Recovery Today (DRT)—Mitigation Measures. This issue has been revamped and updated to focus…