Don Forse is an Assistant Vice President at Tidal Basin. He has extensive experience in assisting state and local jurisdictions with disaster preparedness, response and recovery. Prior to joining the team, Don served as Director of Government Relations and Policy for the Texas General Land Office (GLO). As the lead agency for managing Community Development Block Grants for Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Don worked with federal and state agencies, as well as dozens of local jurisdictions in assisting the GLO manage over $10 billion in CDBG-DR grants over multiple federally declared disasters. Following Hurricane Harvey in August 2017, Don placed and managed a community outreach team across the 49-county Harvey impact area to assist local communities with their recovery efforts. This included management of both the short-term housing mission in partnership with the Federal Emergency Management Agency and CDBG-DR long-term recovery grants through the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Prior to joining the GLO, Don worked for 16 years in the Texas Legislature, serving members in both the Texas House of Representatives and Texas Senate. While there he worked to affect positive changes in public policy on a variety of issues including natural resources, economic development, energy, transportation and state budgetary issues.
- Texas Severe Storms And Flooding (DR-4377)
- Texas Hurricane Harvey (DR-4332)
- Texas Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4272)
- Texas Severe Storms and Flooding (DR-4269)
- Texas Severe Storms, Tornadoes, and Flooding (DR-4266)
- Texas Severe Winter Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (DR-4255)
- Texas Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (DR-4245)
- Texas Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Straight-line Winds, and Flooding (DR-4223)