Ms. Madden is a Disaster Recovery professional with over 10 years of economic and community development experience, including work in federal, HUD, and CDBG-DR grants management, housing, infrastructure, economic revitalization, resiliency, and financial management areas. She is an expert in federal procurement regulations, subrecipient management, and CDBG-DR-funded FEMA local match. She has provided her expertise to large CDBG-DR and HUD grantees such as the City of Houston, Puerto Rico, and the City of New York.
- Served as Policy and Program lead for NYC’s $4.2 billion CDBG-DR grant for Hurricane Sandy recovery which included over $3 billion in multi and single-family housing programs; approximately $100 million in economic revitalization programs; and $1.1 billion in infrastructure, mitigation and resiliency programs.
- Assisted the City of Houston set up efficient financial policies and procedures for the implementation of its $1.2 billion CDBG-DR allocation for Hurricane Harvey Recovery programs.
- Currently serving as technical advisor on Puerto Rico’s single-family housing recovery program, R3. Her focus areas include the establishment of efficient workflows, documentation requirements, and overall contract oversight and implementation.
- Various HUD trainings including CDBG Regulations, DRGR, and Federal Cross-Cutting Regulations including 2 CFR 200, URA, and DBRA
- Spanish/English Bilingual