Disaster Recovery FEMA STEP Program Management
Recovery STEP Program Overview
Tidal Basin managed the FEMA Sheltering and Temporary Essential Power (STEP) program on behalf of its clients. The STEP program was developed by FEMA under Public Category Assistance B - Emergency Protective Measures as a strategy to get disaster survivors back into their homes in a safe and sanitary manner and out of shelters, temporary living arrangements, and hotel/motel rentals.
- Developed program policies and procedures in accordance with FEMA disaster policy.
- Inspected home structures and interviewed applicants for program eligibility and to develop construction scopes of work.
- Developed applications for homeowners, along with supporting technology infrastructure and databases to receive, track, and close out all applicants.
- Provided work orders and estimates for FEMA’s designated construction firms.
- Provided program outreach activities including town hall style meetings, program guidance and flyers, paid media production, website, and social media.
- Performed final inspections on eligible homes after construction to verify scope completion and eligibility for home occupancy.
- Validated applicant eligibility for the FEMA program to include home ownership and occupancy.
- Developed all required documentation for FEMA program reimbursement and program closeout.
- Collected required Rights of Entry (ROE) forms.