Disaster Recovery FEMA Individual Assistance Program
Tidal Basin can assist state governments with their roles and responsibilities related to FEMA’s Individual Assistance program (IA). This includes any State IA programs that are implemented or funded at the State level with or without a presidential declaration. Tidal Basin can provide comprehensive assistance and support, including:
- Developing/Updating Administrative Plans outlining the process for activating and implementing the program.
- Assist with Preliminary Damage Assessments to ascertain levels of damages to homes and help document for declaration purposes.
- Conducting home inspections to verify losses and establish cost estimates for losses.
- Operate Disaster Recovery Centers to take applications in person or via call-in numbers.
FEMA Housing Inspections
Tidal Basin, under a joint venture with Vanguard Emergency Management, has been awarded a contract with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for housing inspection services. FEMA will use Vanguard’s housing inspections to confirm damages to houses nationwide affected by a disaster to help the federal government determine the amount of federal aid granted to disaster survivors.
Tidal Basin provides program management and technical support related to the FEMA IA program, including but not limited to:
ASSESS & RESPONSE
Assessing and responding to immediate needs.
Providing technical assistance related to temporary housing, repair, replacement, and permanent housing construction.
Interview and data collection.
Support related to other-than-housing needs.
Disaster case management services.
I'm certain if we had not had access to your excellent services, we would have settled for a much smaller sum for the loss of our facility, and it would have taken much longer to reach a settlement.
As the project manager of a large scale, regional table top exercise, my experience with Tidal Basin was excellent. The project had several unpredicted challenges. These challenges were addressed by Tidal Basin personnel without disrupting my tight time line. Their experience and professionalism made my job much easier. I would highly recommend Tidal Basin to any future project.
Severe storms dumped massive amounts of rain in the Southern Tier of New York State in the summer of 2006, resulting in widespread flooding.
When Hurricane Katrina struck, bringing with it widespread flooding and damage, the City of Slidell took the brunt of the storm. Located just 30 miles north of New Orleans, the two cities were both hit full-force by the destructive power of the hurricane. Unfortunately for Slidell, the nation first focused on the recovery of New Orleans. The City of Slidell didn't begin its recovery operations under Adjusters International had been hired, bringing the expertise required to turn the recovery process around.
- 1564-DR-NY Severe Storms and Flooding
- 1857-DR-NY Severe Storms and Flooding
- Port Arthur International Public Port, Texas
- City of Las Vegas, Nevada
- Town of Maine, New York
- Maui County, Hawaii
- City of Key West, Florida
- City of Weslaco Independent School District, Texas
- Hudson River Park Trust, New York
- 3299-EM-NY Severe Winter Storm
Call us at 888.282.1626 or fill out the form below: