Disaster Recovery FEMA Individual Assistance Program
Tidal Basin can assist state governments with their roles and responsibilities related to FEMA’s Individual Assistance program (IA). This includes any State IA programs that are implemented or funded at the State level with or without a presidential declaration. Tidal Basin can provide comprehensive assistance and support, including:
- Developing/Updating Administrative Plans outlining the process for activating and implementing the program.
- Assist with Preliminary Damage Assessments to ascertain levels of damages to homes and help document for declaration purposes.
- Conducting home inspections to verify losses and establish cost estimates for losses.
- Operate Disaster Recovery Centers to take applications in person or via call-in numbers.
FEMA Housing Inspections
Tidal Basin, under a joint venture with Vanguard Emergency Management, has been awarded a contract with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for housing inspection services. FEMA will use Vanguard’s housing inspections to confirm damages to houses nationwide affected by a disaster to help the federal government determine the amount of federal aid granted to disaster survivors.
Tidal Basin provides program management and technical support related to the FEMA IA program, including but not limited to:
ASSESS & RESPONSE
Assessing and responding to immediate needs.
Providing technical assistance related to temporary housing, repair, replacement, and permanent housing construction.
Interview and data collection.
Support related to other-than-housing needs.
Disaster case management services.
We retained your services to assist us in the Public Assistance grant application process and the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program with FEMA and the State of Florida. This turned out to be one of the most sensible decisions we made. Your organization made a very onerous situation much more bearable...The experience and knowledge that you provided us was invaluable.Without hesitation, we would be delighted to recommend your services to anyone who faces the task of processing large, complicated grant applications to the federal government. Your systematic approach and attention to detail allowed the City of Fort Myers to obtain our maximum eligible reimbursement.
...The Tidal Basin team did an excellent job planning and executing the Evacuation Workshop in a way that was engaging and informative. Our staff was energized and still talking about how great the workshop was days later. We look forward to our next opportunity to work with the Tidal Basin Healthcare team.
Severe storms dumped massive amounts of rain in the Southern Tier of New York State in the summer of 2006, resulting in widespread flooding.
When Hurricane Katrina struck, bringing with it widespread flooding and damage, the City of Slidell took the brunt of the storm. Located just 30 miles north of New Orleans, the two cities were both hit full-force by the destructive power of the hurricane. Unfortunately for Slidell, the nation first focused on the recovery of New Orleans. The City of Slidell didn't begin its recovery operations under Adjusters International had been hired, bringing the expertise required to turn the recovery process around.
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Wells Nursing Home, New York
- Jackson Energy Authority, Tennessee
- AK-236, AK-237, AK-238 & AK-240 (State-Level Disaster Declarations)
- Jackson County Port Authority, Mississippi
- City of Marble Falls, Texas
- Jersey City Municipal Authorities, New Jersey
- City of New Orleans, Louisiana
- Steele County, Minnesota
Call us at 888.282.1626 or fill out the form below: