Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance
Specialists in our FEMA Public Assistance Recovery, HUD CDBG, and Preparedness divisions are regularly updating the information and resources available on our COVID-19 information page.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Disaster Assistance
The nationwide Presidential emergency declaration issued on March 13, 2020 made FEMA Public Assistance funding available to all states and eligible applicants responding to the novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). The $2 trillion stimulus package passed by Congress on March 27 containing the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act added numerous other funding sources, including HUD Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs. The challenge: many applicants have never had to manage a complex grants management portfolio of this magnitude. We have – and our team is available to provide support and guidance as you navigate this process.
Our Recovery and CDBG experts facilitate the federal grants management process for states, healthcare systems, hospitals, universities and colleges, airport authorities, local governments, and other eligible applicants. We specialize in navigating and staying in compliance with multiple, overlapping federal funding programs, including those authorized under the CARES Act.
This is an evolving event, and our Preparedness team is actively assisting emergency managers across the country with their responses and after-action reporting and with planning for response to other hazards that can affect our communities during a pandemic. The Tidal Basin team is working with clients around the nation on updates of pandemic or infectious disease plans by supporting the development and revision of continuity of operations, business continuity, and emergency operations plans.
We have developed and gathered resources and information to assist you with this process and keep you on top of emerging information. Preparedness doesn’t stop, and we’re here to support you when you need it. Contact us now for assistance.
“As a country we are all dealing with incredible times of high stress in our personal and professional lives. We at Tidal Basin want to wish everyone the best – to you, your families and friends – and we will continue to pray for the quickest and healthiest resolution to this national emergency and worldwide pandemic. Please stay safe and try to follow the CDC guidance.”
– Daniel Craig, CEO
Supplemental Links & Materials
Tidal Basin Resources
- State Program Support - COVID-19
- What COVID-19 Means To CDBG Grantees & Recipients
- What the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Means for Airports
- What the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Means for Healthcare
- What the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Means for Local Governments
- What the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Means for Schools
- COVID-19 After-Action Report Services
- National Governors Association (NGA) - Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- Michigan Business Updates
- Detroit COVID-19 Data
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Chicago COVID-19 Assistance & Updates
- Illinois Business & Heath Updates
- Public Health Madison & Dane County
- Wisconsin Department of Health
- Wisconsin Business Resources for COVID-19
Airport/Critical Infrastructure Resources
- Five Steps Airports Should Take Right Now To Prepare for COVID-19
- Preparing Airports for Communicable Diseases on Arriving Flights
- Airport Roles in Reducing Transmission of Communicable Diseases
- Airport Public Health Preparedness and Response: Legal Rights, Powers, and Duties
- TRB Webinar: Emergency Preparedness Against Infectious Diseases on Public Transit
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - News and Resources from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- COVIDView | CDC
- National Governors Association - Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- OSHA - COVID-19 - (intended for those working in non-healthcare specific occupations)
- Sign Up for CDC.gov Email Updates
Situation Update - COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus
During the first critical weeks leading up to the pandemic and throughout the first wave of its impact, Tidal Basin's expert and Director of Healthcare Programs Kristopher Prickett produced a weekly informational Situation Report sharing the latest details about COVID-19’s clinical presentation, transmission details, specific suspect criteria, treatment, best practices, sample scenarios, and more. The report was generated in conjunction with industry-leading clinical, infectious disease, and public health expert practitioners and summarized the latest information emerging in medical peer-reviewed literature. Now that other resources are established at the CDC and other agencies, this report has been discontinued, but back issues are available upon request.
If you need assistance with preparedness, response or recovery efforts for your healthcare system or hospital please email email@example.com.
The Latest On COVID-19