USA Today’s article entitled “A small business owner’s advice after a disaster: Hire a public adjuster” is timely for many readers amidst wildfires raging on the West Coast, one of the highest hurricane seasons on record, and an international pandemic. As National Preparedness Month comes to an end, this article gives tips for business owners before and after a disaster. Tidal Basin’s sister-firm, Adjusters International is a public adjusting firm spanning the entire U.S. and its territories.
Before a Disaster – Prepare, prepare, prepare!
- Meet with your insurance agent to be sure of adequate insurance coverage.
- Think about items such as what disasters frequent your area, and how you will sustain payroll if a disaster were to strike.
- Back up your data to the cloud or other means
After a Disaster – Get the help you need
- Hire a public adjuster. A public adjuster works for you, the policyholder – never for the insurance company.
- Public adjusters are fluent in property insurance policies and experts at documenting and proving property damage. They can help policyholders obtain a fair and just settlement.
Steve Severaid, Principal at The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International states in the article, “We work to make sure the insured gets paid everything they’re entitled to, help figure out what everything’s value is, whether it’s a total loss.”
We are proud to offer a total disaster management solution under one umbrella – with Adjusters International providing public adjusting solutions that help business owners and residents after disasters AND with Tidal Basin Group providing emergency and disaster management solutions that help governments, educational and healthcare institutions, transportation facilities and other critical infrastructure both pre and post-disaster. We are your partner in building resilience.