The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) recently published FR-6218-N-01: Notice of Program Rules, Waivers, and Alternative Requirements Under the CARES Act for CDBG-CV Grants, FY 2019 and 2020 CDBG Grants, and for Other Formula Programs.
This notice describes the program rules, statutory and regulatory waivers, and alternative requirements applicable to supplemental Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) funds made available to prevent, prepare for, and respond to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and to annual formula CDBG grants awarded in fiscal years 2019 and 2020.
This notice also describes conforming waivers and alternative requirements for other formula programs included in the consolidated planning regulations in 24 CFR part 91. Learn more about this new HUD program:
- HUD Exchange - FR-6218-N-01: Notice of Program Rules, Waivers, and Alternative Requirements Under the CARES Act for CDBG-CV Grants, FY 2019 and 2020 CDBG Grants, and for Other Formula Programs
- Notice PDF
This new funding stream has more than doubled CDBG allocations for states and entitlement communities in many cases. Our team at Tidal Basin can assist with:
- Evaluating need and most efficient use of CDBG-CV funding
- Action Plan amendments or new Action Plan submission in the Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS)
- Duplication of benefits
- Activity eligibility determination
- Preparation of additional HUD waivers
- Technical assistance on notice rules, waivers, and alternative requirements
- Best practices for virtual public hearings and engagement
- Subrecipient management, including application processes and methods of distribution
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you get the funding you need!