Senior Disaster Recovery Manager
126 Business Park Drive
Utica, New York 13502
Luanne is a Senior Disaster Recovery Manager at Tidal Basin. As a project manager and former business owner of a full-service masonry subcontracting company that operated out of the New York tri-state area on projects ranging in scope from $50,000 to $2 million, Principe brings a full understanding of all phases of construction administration from estimating to completion. Principe has provided daily project management that includes certified payroll, project coordination, purchasing, and safety regulations.
Principe has developed a specialization in hazard mitigation grant administration, working with clients such as the City of Marble Falls, City of Copperas Cove, Jefferson County and Coryell County in Texas. She was assigned as 406 Hazard Mitigation Specialist for DR-1670-NY and DR-1692-NY, in which role she reviewed and made recommendations for 406 mitigation projects, prepared Benefit Cost Analyses (BCAs) to ensure cost-effective solutions, assisted Public Assistance staff and applicants with mitigation proposals, monitored FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation queue for three disasters, and oversaw codes & standards upgrades. She is experienced in Benefit Cost Analysis and has prepared numerous successful 404 HMGP applications for a range of projects such as acquisition, generators, and storm water drainage improvements. She has established working relationships with the State of Texas Governor’s Division of Emergency Management and the New York State Mitigation Office.
In addition to her mitigation experience, Principe also has broad experience with waste water treatment facilities, having worked with the City of Binghamton and the Village of Johnson City during disaster DR-1650-NY, as well as the Cities of Marble Falls, TX and Burlington, IA.
Principe’s broad knowledge and understanding of the FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation program, has provided the basis for her technical writing. She is most recently published in Disaster Recovery Today authoring the article, “Mitigation Measures: Sound Investments in Disaster Recovery?“
Principe has extensive experience working with applicants to obtain funding under the FEMA Public Assistance program following a federally declared disaster. She has served in various capacities including Project Officer, Hazard Mitigation Specialist, and Public Assistance Liaison.
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey: 4085-DR-NY & 4086-DR-NJ, Hurricane Sandy, 2012–Present
- Seminole Tribe, Hurricane Isaac, September 2012
- Pinellas County, Florida, Tropical Storm Debby and Future Disasters, September 2012–Present
- Minot Park District, North Dakota, August 2011–Present
- New York State: 1899-DR-NY Severe Storms and Flooding, May–September 2010
- City of Marble Falls, Texas, Summer Floods 2007–Present
- Jefferson County, Texas, Hurricane Ike, September 2008–Present
- New York State: 1857-DR-NY Severe Storms and Flooding, 2009
- City of Burlington, IA, June 2008 Floods
- City of Batesville, Arkansas, 2008 Severe Storms and Flooding
- City of Copperas Cove and Coryell County, Texas, Summer Floods 2007
- New York State: 1692-DR-NY Severe Storms and Inland and Coastal Flooding, 2007
- New York State: 1670-DR-NY Severe Storms and Flooding, December 2006–April 2007
- New York State: 1665-DR-NY Severe Storms and Flooding, 2006
- New York State: 1650-DR-NY Severe Storms and Flooding, 2006
Professional Training and Qualifications
Our Disaster Recovery Consultants continuously update their knowledge through FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute’s online classes. Principe has completed 33 classes including the sampling of courses listed below. In addition, many of our consultants also augment their knowledge with other technical training.
Emergency Management Institute Coursework:
- IS-00001 Emergency Program Manager – An Orientation to the Position
- IS-00100 Introduction to the Incident Command System
- IS-00100.b Introduction to Incident Command System ICS-100
- IS-00208 State Disaster Management
- IS-00230 Principles of Emergency Management
- IS-00235 Emergency Planning
- IS-00292 Disaster Basics
- IS-00393 Introduction to Hazard Mitigation
- IS-00403 Introduction to Individual Assistance (IA) (DF-10)
- IS-00547 Introduction to Continuity of Operations (COOP)
- IS-00632 Introduction to Debris Operations in FEMA’s Public Assistance
- IS-00700 National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction